Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2015

Mostly Ghostly - Its All Relative

My Personal Spiritual Experience With My Grandmother

Emma Mabel (Spiker) Lewis This is my Father's Mother. 
Picture was taken in June 1964.
Some background:
My grandmother and I didn't really have much contact in life due to Family situations beyond my control or comprehension (call it a Family Feud that goes on to this day). Well she passed away when I was 16 and I went to see her while she was in the hospital a week before she died. It took 7 heart attacks in one week until she passed on. We went to her funeral and all that and I didn't have anything to say about it--because I didn't know her all that well--only what I was told and that wasn't a whole heck of a lot. I didn't know that I when I was being watched by her when I was a small baby, somehow I was found in the middle of the street in front of her house. So to the main story...........
Three days after the funeral--I had an experience with her-- it wasn't a dream. She came to me and took me to a street lined with the most beautiful trees that covered the street like a canopy. The trees had yellow flowers all over them (and here is the color yellow again). We talked forever --it seemed like hours.

She told me that she wanted to really get to know me before going away but wasn't able to in this life. I heard that she also came to her youngest son------but when I asked him about these years later he denied it. He is a devout Welsh Baptist and I think they told him he was just dreaming and he just forgot about it. So this was just not my experience but someone else's too that was in the family.
Oh, we didn't have bodies like we do in the life stage here on the Earth----it was more like telepathy. It was also like she was never old like here on Earth. Where we go after the Physical body is no longer useful to us -there is no getting old--we are all the same age.............and I have heard that it is like the age of 35 ---but then the question comes up--how did we get to that age? It also comes to me that when our bodies become unusable we don't just cease to exist.....there are other things we do without a body-and it is awareness and consciousness and thought and movement and life --not death like we never do anything or wait until the next body and there is nothingness----we are continuous.............just maybe that is what we talked about for hours and hours.

It was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. I hold it special to my heart and this is how I remember her--even if others do not. I know that she loved me and even if I don't remember her in this life I will always love her too.



An Encounter With My Husband's Mother


Actually this was two encounters.  She passed away while we were at a Knight's Of Columbus event in Canaan Valley in West Virginia.  At the time she was living in an Assisted living facility with her husband in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  

She became very ill just days before the first encounter and was told that it would be OK to go ahead and make our trip and not to worry.  When all the festivities ended for the day, my husband went off to be with the guys and talk and do whatever it is the guys do after spending their whole day at the grand meeting.  I decided that I just wanted to go to our hotel room and relax.  It was about 10:30 pm anyway.  So I got into my night shirt and laid on my bed and turned on the TV.  I was just laying there watching the TV and then I looked over at the sink and vanity area and saw my husband's mother standing there in from of the bathroom door.  She never said a word to me or even through telepathy.  She just stood there for about 2 minutes.

When my husband finally came back I had told him this.  He must have asked me three times if she had said anything to me.  She had not.  She just stood there looking at me.

The second time that I had an encounter with her was at her funeral.  When you walked into the funeral room where she was laid in her casket the picture of her was on the right and there were only a few chairs against that wall.  On the right were two sets of rows of chairs for the people to sit and converse with. Between them and the other set of chairs there was an isle.  On the other wall in back there was a room.  I saw a man standing in the isle.  I never saw him before and I kept asking everyone who he was.  Nobody else saw him.  I explained to them that he had fuzzy hair and it was parted in the middle.  Nobody knew who this man was.  He was standing there looking at my husband's mother.  It was so odd that nobody knew who or what I was talking about or seeing. He was as real as you and I and everyone else that was in the room.

A few days later when we had come home I found lots of pictures of my husband's family.  I saw the picture of the man that I saw at the funeral. I have that picture but it is so fragile that I do not even venture to scan it and post it here.  I asked my husband who the man was.  He told me that it was his mother's father.  I never knew him and he passed away many years before I ever met my husband.  I had to call my husband's older sister and tell her who it was that I saw.  Her father was there waiting to take her home.  

When it was my turn to go to her casket, I told her that I loved her and that I just wish that we had more time to get to know each other.  I do believe that we never really perish and stop living.  I do believe that we have soul groups and soul families here and on the other plane and maybe our next incarnations it will be a time that we both are in the same one and learn about each other then.



How Long Did You Wait

After my divorce and swearing off of men for seven years I was told to get out of the house...by a psychic no less.  It was near Valentines Day and I was at my wit's end.  I had a very ad experience and then a good encounter as I think that I had somewhat of a nervous breakdown and that story is:

Anyway I was told to get out of the house, even it it was going to the grocery store, but I had to get out of the house or something bad was going to happen.  That kind of got me looking for places to go.  I knew nobody here.  I was in school and I had a full time job at the same time.  My daughter was living with me at the time too.  So where was I going to find the time to go out and socialize?!  Anyway I felt that I was being guided.  I always feel that I am guided.  This time I just so happened to look in the newspaper and there was a Valentine's Dance being held for the singles crowd.  I called the phone number and got all the details of where and were and all that.  I have never done anything like that.  Anyway, on the night of the dance I did get dressed up and my daughter was proud of me and encouraging me.  

I get there and meet the DJ.  Things progressed with him and then I found out he was married....grrr off of men I thought again.  Anyway he did encourage me to come back and he hooked me up with another guy at the dance.  *Just a note...the DJ's last name was Alan.  The guy that I danced with and met and gave my phone number too and dated for a while...his last name was also Allen.  My previous married name was Anderson.  Get the drift with the "A"?  After the first dance and I gave him my phone number.  I didn't think that he would really call me back. The next dance he told me that he did not have a job but that he was in college getting trained for a new kind of career.  He had moved here for another job, but that failed a few months later too and so he was in college to learn something new.  I said, OK.  I don't know what I was thinking or doing.  I think that I saw his determination an d not giving up.  A few months later I asked him, "How Long Did You Wait for Me?"  It was as if I had already knew him and that we would go through some learning experiences together.  Our paths never crossed though and I did not understand this feeling that I was having, but, but we are still together after 17 years.  Oh we have gone through some really rough times and counseling and all that, but I still think we are to be together as I know that we were waiting on each other.  Strange, but true.


More to come...................

7 comments:

  1. Fascinating read Deb, I love ghost stories, and your encounters are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nell. I have moe to write and I will just add them here for the relative ones. I had a wild one about my neighbor who used to live across the street from me. I also have one about the ouija board. Not sure where to put that one because it was about family and also weird and strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had sort of similar experiences to this day, though not so vivid or detailed. Recently, my grandmother and my uncle died within the same week. The one day, I could feel them both walking alongside me outside - not literally walking but as though they were there in spirit form. I thought it was weird how I sensed my uncles presence because at the time I thought he was okay. I found out the day later that he had also died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a strange and weird feeling. I have not written about my dad yet. Not much to tell in that one though, but I saw him after he had died too.

      Delete
  4. Debra, I am going nuts trying to post a comment.
    Why is it asking me to select a profile?
    I have tried e-mail addresses but it won't accept my password. Thought if I could get through to you under anonymous, At least I could leave a comment.
    I'm pulling my hair out!!!!

    DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!!!! 'Anonymous' got through!!!!!

    I loved reading your stories about loved ones who have passed over.
    Wish they would have spoken so you would have a better understanding
    of why they felt the need to stop by for a visit.
    You are doing a great job, so keep up the good work.
    I am just so happy to get through to leave a comment!

    Your friend,
    DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well DJ they did come trhough and I am reading your comments here.

    ReplyDelete